Swine flu is a type of virus. It’s named for a virus that pigs can get. People do not normally get swine flu, but human infections can and do happen. The virus is contagious and can spread from human to human. Symptoms of swine flu in people are similar to the symptoms of regular human flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue.
There are antiviral medicines you can take to prevent or treat swine flu. There is no vaccine available right now to protect against swine flu. You can help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses like influenza by
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Use face masks
- Washing your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. You can also use alcohol-based hand cleaners.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Trying to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Staying home from work or school if you are sick.
|Molded Disposable Face Masks – Custom Fit the Personal Touch Prohibit® Cone-Style Mask for Increased Protection and Security|
|Blue Earloop Face Masks – Rely on our face masks for high filtration micro-fiber filter media with a BFE rating exceeding AORN standards.|
|N95 Particulate Respirator Mask – Kimberly-Clark N95 Particulate Respirator Mask, flat, folded, 50/Case|